Tuesday 16 August 2011

Long time no blog...

Did you miss me? No, thought not. The summer seems to have mostly escaped me, I'm not sure where it went.
Since I last posted I've been busy dealing with various family issues that I won't bore you with, we've been away on holiday, had our silver wedding anniversary, and I've just not found the time to blog, so this is a bit of a a catch up post.
Lets start with the holiday. We went to the Lake District and stayed near Windermere.
The scenery was stunning and I could post pictures for hours, but I'll stick to just a couple. This is is Blea Tarn.










And here we see the mist rolling atmospherically over the hills (ie the weather was a bit iffy at times).
This is part of a large standing stone circle that dates back to Druidic times.









On a crafty note, when I got home from holiday I found this stunning pillow waiting for me as an exchange gift from Donna (no blog that I am aware of). It is completely gorgeous and almost all stitched over 1.













And here is a little project I made following a tutorial I found here via The Graphics Fairy. One slightly boring old plant pot transformed; by the miracle of a squirt of mod podge and a French typography image from The Graphics Fairy; into a little bit of vintage chic

12 comments:

Mouse said...

hellloo thought it had been a wee bit quiet ..lol .. used to work up at Windermere and limefit park many moons ago .... love your surprise waiting when you got back :) love mouse xxx

Gillie said...

Of course we missed you! Lovely scenery and wow the pillow! Tell Donna she must start a blog! Must check out the pot too, really nice.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I think summer escapes a lot of us!

What a gorgeous exchange!!!

cucki said...

i miss you too..lovely pictures..and i really love the pillow..so sweet..keep well dear xx

Carol said...

Such pretty scenery--I'd love to see those ancient stones some day.

Your pillow from Donna is darling and what a creative way to transform a plain old pot. Great idea :)

Julie said...

Of course you were missed, this summer seems to have whizzed along at such a speed

Lovley holiday pics of the Lake District, that is somewhere on my 'would like to visit' list

Super pillow, fabulous stitching, but i am really loving the plant pot, will be checking out that site, thanks Christine for the link

Kathryn said...

Fabulous post Christine - I love every picture. The lake district makes me swoon, vicariously. Donna's pillow, now yours, is beautiful, and I love the look of that 'vintage' plant pot.
How can you stand living in such a beautiful country? Do you get anything done? Heh heh...

Brigitte said...

Oh my, such pretty pictures. The Lake District is such a wonderful region, I could travel there every year and I'm sure I'd discover something new each time.
You've received a fantastic pillow. It looks just gorgeous.

Sally said...

Good to see you back Christine. Your photos from the Lake District are lovely. I'd love to go back there one day.

That pillow is gorgeous!

Katherine said...

Yes I DID miss you! Looks like you had a wonderful vacay - and a beautiful area to have it in. I've a friend who just celebrated her golden anniversary - they celebrated for more than a month! But I guess when you've been together that long, it deserves as long a celebration as you can give it. What a lovely gift your friend sent - and your crafty project is neat! Hope all your "issues" work out and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Ruth said...

Happy Silver Anniversary!!! Happy wonderful holiday.... congrats on an exciting return to "real mail" (not just bills in the post for a change) and on your lovely pot makeover.

Missed? Yes, I'd say you were. :)

Heidi said...

Lots of people have less time for blogging these days it seems including me. I am sorry to have neglected visiting but I do think of you often. You vacation in the Lake District sounds wonderful. It is such a pretty area.

Love the garden pot makeover! I have never tried using mod podge and want to do it on a cupboard but do I dare? The pillow from your exchange is so pretty. How nice to come home to a nice gift.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi