Sunday 23 June 2013

If you can't fight...

...wear a big hat, as my Grandad used to say.
Or in this case wear a teeny tiny hat.
This is the little Harley Quinn fascinator that I made to go with Naomi's prom dress (see previous post). I bought the sinnamay hat and stitched a couple of barrette clips to the underside of the brim, then decorated it with ribbons, feathers, diamantes, and of course a couple of  tiny Jokers (from one of those mini packs of cards you get in Christmas Crackers), because Harley wouldn't go anywhere without Mr J.
I also finished and framed this:-
. Live, Love, Laugh by La-D-Da, stitched using the recommended fabric and threads, except that I missed off the solid border because a) stitching solid borders is really boring and b) they make it really hard to get the thing to look straight in the frame. Definitely had a stroke of luck when I went to get the frame, I got their last scrap of terracotta mountboard, and the last of that particular frame. I think it was "meant to be".

13 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh that's perfect for her dress- and a great stitching HD too :-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Did I write this post? It sounds so much like one I could have written! Except I don't have a daughter to wear such a cool hat. Maybe you could make me one for my cousin's wedding. They are all really tall and I'm so short I have promised I will wear a big hat!

I love your La Di Da sampler, especially the terracottay pink.
I also hate straight borders!

cucki said...

Wow so perfect..
Super sweet stitching x

Stitcher said...

Beautiful finishes on both counts. And the framer did a great job. Chris. x

Carol said...

Oh, that hat is adorable, Christine! And I really like your Live, Laugh, Love without the border--great job :)

Kaisievic said...

Love both of your finishes - you clever lady, you!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your lovely blog.
Your sampler finish is beautiful and the fascinator is great!
Have a good week (:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Christine whatever you put your hand to it always looks fantastic!!!

Julie said...

I love it when something just happens so perfectly, your stitching looks wonderful and the frame/mount are stunning.

Gorgeous little creation, she'll be the belle of the ball.

Barb said...

Oh wow Christine love that hat and how many will be saying Where did you get that hat? Age showing here.The Live Love Laugh piece is fabulous ,I think my QD will have to come out to play.
Hugs

Stitchingranny said...

Beautiful sampler Christine. Love the hat too.

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Christine! :) I love your sampler and it looks just beautiful in that frame. Your daughter's little hat is darling and I love the dress you made for her. What a cute prom outfit! Have a great weekend! Paulette :)

DUSTY said...

Oh, I love the hat !! The La De Da design is lovely.