Saturday 28 December 2013

Christmas Presents - Part 1 The Thank Yous

I just wanted to share some of my lovely Christmas presents from stitchy friends
From Barb, this beautiful glass tree, made by her husband
From Julie, this delicate crocheted angel (and some chocolates which didn't survive long enough to be photographed)

From Clare, a set of scented sachets (you'll have to take my word for the gorgeous scent) and a skein of hand dyed floss in a lovely rich autumnal gold mix

From the Needlework Haven Advent Exchange, a Northern Expressions chart from my wish list- Twisted Band Sampler - perfect for me because I am, after all, pretty twisted - together with a cut of evenweave and a card of Christmas ribbon. My Exchange partner turned out to be Becs. Thank you Becs, I've loved everything you've chosen for me in this exchange.
And from the VSCyberstitchers Christmas exchange, this pack of goodies from Susan, including an adorable stitched ornament with a teddy wearing a Union Flag onesie and bunny slippers, a magazine, chocolates, needles, silk threads, and much more.
Thank you to each and every one of you.
Coming up in part 2, the things I made for other people (mostly the girls) and couldn't show before Christmas...

9 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

What wonderful, special gifts to receive!

Shebafudge said...

Lots of wonderful gifts but that glass tree is fabulous!

Julie said...

Beautiful selection of gifts.

Annette-California said...

What lovely gifts you received. The glass tree that Barbs husband made is gorgeous. love Annette

Cindy's Stitching said...

very pretty gifts. Have a great new year.

Carol said...

Enjoy all those beautiful gifts, Christine! And wishing you every happiness in 2014!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What lovely gifts, lucky you!

Can't wait to see you stitching the band sampler, I love the diagonal design and the colours Nicole chose.

Mouse said...

gorgeous gifts ... seen that chart stitched up and love it ... :)
hope you had a wonderful christmas and wishing you a very merry Stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

Chris said...

What lovely gifts and exchanges!