Wednesday 31 December 2014

Last Finish of 2014, a Gift and a wish

I've had this kit for ages and finally got round to having a go at it this week. The patchwork piece was ready made for you to add the silk ribbon embroidery. Backed with a piece of gold silk dupion and made up into a tiny pillow (or a slightly oversized pincushion depending on how you look at it)


It's opening day for the Needlecraft Haven Winter Exchange, and I was lucky enough to receive this gorgeous pincushion from Mary. The design is "A Spot of Winter" by The Drawn Thread


Thank you Mary. I love it.
And here is the one I sent. Funny how I chose to make a pincushion finish too. The chart for the one I stitched is available here



Finally I'd just like to wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year


13 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely exchange items. Happy New Year to you and all your family

Carol said...

Your new little pillow is so sweet, Christine--great combination of fabrics and ribbonwork!

I love what Mary sent you and have to make sure to stitch that snow freebie for myself very soon. Thanks for the link!

Happy New Year!

Julie said...

Ooooo nice ribbon embroidery, that's a craft on my to do list for next year lol.
Winner exchange pieces are both wonderful.
Wishing you and the family a very happy new year Christine

Kate said...

Fabulous exchange pieces and I love your ribbon embroidery pillow.
Happy New Year!

Mouse said...

love the colours on the silk embroidery cushion .... lovely exchange pieces too :)
wishing you a wonderful stitchy New Year :) love mouse xxxxx

Preeti said...

Your pillow is so beautiful :) lovely exchange gifts!
Happy new year!!

Shebafudge said...

I love your ribbon embroidery cushion and the 2 exchange pincushions are both lovely too.

Happy New Year to you xx

the grey tail said...

I love the Drawn Thread piece, as well as the pillow you made, so very sweet.
it's funny how we stitchers can leave some projects to dust for years and years and then suddenly get them done and realise how gorgeous (and sometimes not even too demanding) they were ;)
have a very happy New Year
chiara

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely pillow finishes this post. I also like the Drawn Thread piece.
Happy New Year

Unknown said...

Beautiful stitching. Wishing you all the best for 2015.

Maggie said...

Happy new year Christine!

Lovely exchange, both given and received :-)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Happy New Year, Christine. The pillow colours are lovely and your ribbon embroidery is so well done.

Hazel said...

Happy new year Christine. Love the exchange you did and the one Mary sent. Beautiful. x