Sunday 8 October 2017

Trying New Things

Because, obviously, I don't have enough hobbies to be getting on with.
Lino Cutting - something I've always liked the finished look of but never tried, so I treated myself to a little starter kit and had a play


And jewellery making. I've done quite a bit of "threading things onto other things" type jewellery making, but last week I went to a fabulous workshop run by Sarah Drew Jewellery where we cut, hammered, stamped and soldered brass and silver to make our own earrings.
I made these three pairs.


So pleased with how they came out. I'm now trying to justify buying all the kit to do it at home...

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the new crafts.
We were discussing multi-crafting at my group last week. One of the women is going to try punch needle for the first time. She'd not heard of it before.

Preeti said...

Lovely creations ! I like multiple crafts too and I am always worried I might end up stashing more raw materials. Beginner's kit is a good idea to start but risk of falling in love with another craft is still there:)

Clare-Aimetu said...

New crafts are always fun, yours look great!

Julie said...

Great things you made with the new craft.
Some ladies from our craft group are off to Ally Pally this weekend, they will no doubt come home with something new to try... one lady has 2 craft rooms at home full of stuff she is going to try one day!!

Sally said...

I love seeing the new things you try. They look lovely.

Carol said...

I don't think there is a craft you are afraid to tackle, Christine--always look forward to seeing what you are up to. The earrings turned out great and I love the look of the printing :)