Sunday 25 February 2018

Hearts and Sloths

You may remember the sloth I knitted for Naomi in January, (pattern from Fiona Goble), no sooner had I shown it to her than one of her friends asked if I could knit her one as well, so here we have sloth #1 and sloth #2.


It's reveal day for the Needlecraft Haven Monthly Challenge. This month we all stitched this design from The Primitive Hare.


Mine is stitched in Carrie's Creations Sorbet (with the key in GAST Wrought Iron) and finished with some lovely deep rose coloured ric rac and a little black bow.
The gallery of everyone's finishes can be found here
And finally, this is the little heart shaped ornament I stitched for the Secret Sweethearts blog hop.


Design from Le Grenier de Zoe, stitched with orphan threads on Crafty Kitten Vintage Petals linen, and trimmed with some vintage lace.

13 comments:

Barb said...

Lovely finish for the ornament Christine love those sloths though. I think you have the knitting bug now. You always come up with amazing ideas .

Julie said...

Those sloths are so cute.
Great finish for the challenge.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I adore the sloths - an animal tbat matches my movements precisely 😂 lovely finish for the Challenge, thank you for organising it

Preeti said...

The sloths are so cute , no wonder, they are in great demand :) Your stitched ornaments are beautiful !

Brigitte said...

The little heart you stitched and sent out for the blog hop looks so romantic. I love the lace all around.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I'm not surprised the sloths are in demand. Pretty heart/Valentine related finishes.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love your sloths,they are gorgeous.
Your hearts are very pretty.It is fun seeing how each of the monthly challeges are being finished

diamondc said...

Your Sloths are adorable.
Beautiful designs, thank-you for the link.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The sloths are wonderful.
Another great choice for the freebie and a lovely finish too.

Carol said...

Oh, those sloths do make me smile :) As does your pretty stitching, Christine!

Justine said...

Those sloths are so sweet! They're my favourite animals to visit at the zoo, so graceful and they always seem to be smiling to themselves!
I love your ornament with the pink ric rac, what a perfect finish, and the little heart is very pretty.

Leonore Winterer said...

The slothes look so happy together! I still love that little heart, it's just perfect.

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, your sloths are so adorable! No wonder her friend wanted one too!
Both finishes for February look lovely.